|Title||Pacific Lutheran University - Mathematics Department|
|Publisher||Pacific Lutheran University - Mathematics Department: Tacoma, US (WA)|
|Country (State)||United States of America (WA)|
|Format of data||text/html;|
|Description||" The general goals for the department are:
1. To advance the university's Principles of General Education and Integrated Learning Objectives.
2. To provide backgrounds for other disciplines.
3. To provide a comprehensive pre-professional program for those directly entering the fields of teaching and applied mathematics.
4. To provide a nucleus of essential courses which will develop the breadth and maturity of mathematical thought for continued study of mathematics at the graduate level.
5. To develop the mental skills necessary for the creation, analysis, and critique of mathematical topics.
6. To provide a view of mathematics as a part of humanistic behavior. "
|Source Type||University Departments|