|Title||Sonoma State University - Department of Mathematics and Statistics|
|Author||[Department Chair] Ford, Ben|
|Publisher||Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Sonoma University: Rohnert Park, US (CA)|
|Country (State)||United States of America|
|Format of data||text/html|
|Keywords||mathematics; statistics; Sonoma State University|
|Description||"The Department of Mathematics at Sonoma State University serves all students interested in mathematics and its applications. These include:
1. students majoring in mathematics in order to pursue advanced study, obtain a career in teaching or in the private sector, or achieve intellectual enrichment;
2. students from majors outside of mathematics who need to acquire mathematical skills in order to be successful in their majors
3. students seeking opportunities, through general education mathematics courses, to investigate the complexity and diversity of human experience while learning to communicate clearly and to think independently, critically, and creatively, with the goal of participating as informed and ethical citizens of the world; and
4. students requiring remediation in mathematics.
For each of these groups, the department promotes excellence in the teaching and learning of mathematics, and encourages inquiry, application, and an appreciation of the intrinsic beauty of mathematics. To advance its mission, the Department of Mathematics:
1. is a community that values mathematics and its applications;
2. provides a foundation for critical thinking by developing skills in logic and problem solving;
3. offers a broad selection of courses that can be tailored to diverse student needs; and
4. develops close mentoring relationships among faculty and students through small classes, student-faculty research projects, and a drop-in study lab staffed by mathematics faculty."
|Source Type||University Departments|
VLibMath | MathGuide |Subject |Source Type |Local Search
This document was created using Allegro V31.
© SSG-FI, SUB Göttingen, 1997-2013