|Title||University of the Pacific - Department of Mathematics|
|Author||[Department Chair] Merz, Sarah|
|Publisher||Department of Mathematics, University of the Pacific: Stockton, US (CA)|
|Country (State)||United States of America|
|Format of data||text/html|
|Keywords||mathematics; University of the Pacific; Stockton|
|Description||"An education in mathematics will develop your mathematical reasoning, communication and problem solving skills.
Students who choose to major in mathematics will:
* be provided opportunities to develop strong problem solving skills using quantitative methods and appropriate technology,
* understand the strengths, limitations and wide applicability of mathematical modeling in a variety of disciplines,
* develop an appreciation for the discipline and esthetics of mathematics,
* learn effectiveness in problem solving,
* and gain an appropriate understanding of theory.
Graduates who major in mathematics will be prepared for the many careers in which mathematics plays an important role, for further study in Mathematics at the graduate level, or for careers in teaching mathematics.
We also provide courses for students from other disciplines and professional programs to develop the quantitative skills necessary for success in their chosen field."
|Source Type||University Departments|